Updated January 2018
- Information we collect about you
- Cookies and other similar technologies
- How we store your information
- How we use your information
- Retention of your information
- Your choices
- Your rights
- How to contact us
This notice applies across all websites that we own and operate and all services we provide, including online and mobile apps or services we may offer (for example, events or training). For the purpose of this notice, we’ll just call them our ‘services’.
When we say ‘personal data’ we mean identifiable information about you, like your name, email, address, telephone number, bank account details, payment information, support queries, community comments and so on. If you can’t be identified (for example, when personal data has been aggregated and anonymised) then this notice doesn’t apply.
When we refer to ‘we’ (or ‘our’ or ‘us’), that means Trimax Mowing Systems and all its wholly owned subsidiaries. Our headquarters are in New Zealand but we operate and have offices all over the world.
Address details for all Trimax offices are available on our Contact us page
2. Information we collect about you
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
We collect information you provide when you sign up for an account of any of the Trimax services, enter any information into our Services, communicate with us, answer our surveys, upload content, or otherwise use our Services. In order to provide services to you, we need to process information provided below.
When you visit or use some parts of our websites and/or services we might ask you to provide personal data to us. For example, we ask for your contact information when you download a catalogue, respond to a job application or an email offer, participate in community forums, join us on social media, take part in training and events, contact us with questions or request support.
In case you do not agree to provide us with the above-mentioned information, you will not be able to use Trimax Services. If you don’t want to provide us with personal data, you don’t have to, but it might mean you can’t use some parts of our websites or services.
Identification Information: Your name and surname, your phone number, your email address, any username used to identify yourself.
Payment Information: Information such as your debit or credit card number, card expiration date, CVV code and billing address.
Other Information: Any other information which you supply us via our Services. This includes the name, company name, address, phone number or email address and other information of contacts that you choose to share with us. When you provide us with Personal Information about your contacts, we will only use this information for the specific reason for which it is provided, such as to add new records to your Trimax account.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
When you visit our websites, purchase our products or use our services, we collect personal data. We require this information for legal reasons, to understand your needs and provide you with information and better service.
Data we may collect includes:
- Your Name and contact information including email address, address and phone number;
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests;
- Other relevant information for example customer surveys and/or data collected through offers;
- Internal record keeping such as transactions from sales;
INFORMATION WE COLLECT AUTOMATICALLY
We collect some information about you automatically when you visit our websites or use our services, like your IP address and device type. We also collect information when you navigate through our websites and services, including what pages you looked at and what links you clicked on. This information is useful for us as it helps us get a better understanding of how you’re using our websites and services so that we can continue to provide the best experience possible (e.g., by personalising the content you see).
INFORMATION WE GET FROM THIRD PARTIES:
The majority of information we collect, we collect directly from you. Sometimes we might collect personal data about you from other sources, such as publicly available materials or trusted third parties like our marketing and research partners or a tradeshow database where you have opted in to your information being shared at the time of registration. We use this information to supplement the personal data we already hold about you, to better inform, personalise and improve our services, and to validate the personal data you provide.
3. Cookies and other similar technologies
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used on our website. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
4. How we store your information
Security is a priority for us when it comes to your personal data. We’re committed to protecting your personal data and have appropriate technical and organisational measures in place such as multi factor authentication and data encryption.
Software as a service i.e. programs used to send you emails
Storage i.e. online data storage
Other cloud services such as accounting providers or E-Commerce systems
5. How we use your information
First and foremost, we use your personal data to provide you with any services you’ve requested, and to manage our relationship with you. We also use your personal data for other purposes, which may include the following:
Provided you have opted-in, we may:
- periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided;
- contact you for market research purposes. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests;
- contact you to feedback on product & service improvement;
If we don’t collect your personal data, we may be unable to provide you with all our services, and some functions and features on our websites may not be available to you.
To communicate with you. This may include:
- providing you with information you’ve requested from us (like training or education materials) or information we are required to send to you
- operational communications, like changes to our websites and services, security updates, or assistance with using our products and services
- marketing communications in accordance with your marketing preferences we may also use your personal data to display targeted advertising to you online – through our own websites and services or through third party websites and their platforms i.e via Google or Facebook.
- Market Research: asking you for feedback or to take part in any research we are conducting (which we may engage a third party to assist with).
- Supporting you: This may include product support, technical support or website and My Trimax help.
- To enhance our websites and services and develop new ones: For example, by tracking and monitoring your use of websites and services so we can keep improving, or by carrying out technical analysis of our websites and services so that we can optimise your user experience and provide you with more efficient tools.
- To analyse, aggregate and report: We may use the personal data we collect about you and other users of our websites and services (whether obtained directly or from third parties) to produce aggregated and anonymised analytics and reports, which we may share publicly or with third parties for promotional purposes.
- For legal reasons. Where we have a legal obligation to process the data and they’re not overridden by your rights.
The length of time we keep your personal data depends on what it is and whether we have an ongoing business need to retain it (for example, to provide you with a service you’ve requested or to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements).
We’ll retain your personal data for as long as we have a relationship with you and for a period of time afterwards where we have an ongoing business need to retain it, in accordance with our data retention policies and practices.
7. Your choices
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do or do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes. In some cases you may not be able to utilise our full range of products and services.
if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us via our contact us page or unsubscribing via the email sent.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties for promotion by third parties unless we have your permission.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please contact us via our contact us page. You can write, call or email us at any time.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
8. Your rights
It’s your personal data and you have certain rights relating to it. When it comes to marketing communications, you can ask us not to send you these at any time – just follow the unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication, or send your request to email@example.com
You also have rights to:
- know what personal data we hold about you, and to make sure it’s correct and up to date
- request a copy of your personal data, or ask us to restrict processing your personal data or delete it
- object to our continued processing of your personal data
You can exercise these rights at any time by contacting us on our contact us page
If you’re not happy with how we are processing your personal data, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org We will review and investigate your complaint, and try to get back to you within a reasonable time frame. You can also complain to your local data protection authority. They will be able to advise you how to submit a complaint.
9. How to contact us
We’re always keen to hear from you. If you have a question or feedback for us on this notice, our websites or services, please get in touch.
We prefer to communicate with you by email – this ensures that you’re put in contact with the right person, in the right location, and in accordance with any regulatory time frames.
Our email is email@example.com